Thursday, November 18, 2010

Evaluation- Problems Encountered

First problem I encountered was my speaker design, I had a design which was too complicated and would take too long to make so I changed it to make it things abit easier, but his put me behind.


Second problem was, in my design that I had then created I had 4 ports in each cabinet, when it came to tuning my ports at the end I realised that I had too many and as a result I covered 2 holes in each speaker with a 100mmx100mm stainless steel plate, this helped but made my speakers higher pitched and I now need to make a sub-woofer to accommodate for the bass sounds.

Third was my crossover design, I have an extra woofer in each of my cabinets and so I put my woofers in parallel, this made them half as powerful as they could be while the tweeter still has the original power output, an improvement could have been to put the second woofer in parallel with the tweeter and first woofer.

No comments:

Post a Comment